Construction Manager - Highway Maintenance
- All projects local to Sydney
- Guaranteed work in NSW for 4 years+ Respected Contractor
- Attractive $ and career progression
- Do you have excellent management experience within Civil Construction?
- Looking to join a company that can guarantee you work in NSW for the next 4 years?
This large contractor is looking to appoint a Construction Manager to work on a highway maintenance contract in the Sydney/NSW area.
Joining an established team in North Sydney, you will report directly to the Contracts Manager, where your daily role will be to manage the asset (road network) ensuring all Programme Managers and Inspectors are managing the planned and reactive maintenance in line with the overall budget and programme delivering $35million of maintenance works yearly .
- Managing a team of 10 responsible for collecting and processing information on the condition of the road network
- Identify best values construction methods to the road network
- Input into the overall maintenance programme in line with information collected through your team
- Advise on prevention strategies and cost effective construction methods for maintenance work
- Undertake operational planning
- Report to the contracts manager on findings
- Activity cost and forecasting
- Liaise with the Operations Manager regarding delivery of intended works
To apply for this position, candidates must have the following:
- Experience leading a team within Civil Construction
- Upwards of 3 years experience on highway projects - upgrades and improvement schemes - ideally Road Surfacing or similar
- Ideally experience either working for /with the public sector on highway projects - RTA/Main Roads/Road Trek
- Proven track record delivering maintenance schemes - both contractually and delivery
- Ability to work with others and collaborate to delivery projects
- Excellent verbal / written skills and excellent reporting skills
- A strong delivery focus with regards to the clients interest
- Ability to multitask
This unique role would suit a candidate with a background of experience both within the public sector (RTA or TMR or RoadTek) and the private sector within a Civil Contractor.
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, please follow the links below or contact Charlotte Betty on 0293768200